An important part of a successful move is careful and appropriate packing. Budget Moving offers trained, professional packers. Budget Moving has all the proper equipment and materials to pack your goods safely for moving. To accommodate your needs, Budget Moving trained professional packers are able to assist with as much or as little of the packing and unpacking process as necessary.
Packing is charged by the hour, much like local moving, so you can decide if you want your whole home packed, or just a few rooms. Proper wrapping, padding, and boxing procedures are vital to protect your belongings throughout the move. Budget Moving offers a full range of packing and unpacking services, as well as boxes and packing supplies.
Many people pack themselves, which can be a great way to economize your move. To help you pack as safely and efficiently as possible Budget Moving has assembled a few tips to make packing easier.
- Do not over pack boxes – a good rule is “the heavier the item, the smaller the box.”
- Start packing items you will not need in advance.
- Important legal documents, valuables, and family medical records should be personally transported.
- By law, a moving company cannot transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives, cleaning fluids, and detergents.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same boxes.
- Put detailed labels on tops and sides of all boxes.
- Pack an essential box of things that you will need immediately at your new home and make sure it is loaded last on the truck so that the contents will be immediately available at your new home.
- Pack and unpack breakables over a padded surface– if you do drop an item, it will land on some packing material, minimizing the chance of breakage.
- Lampshades and fine china should not be packed in newspaper, since the ink can permanently stain these items.
- Boxes must always be taped rather than interlocking the ends together.
Our Handy Checklist will help you remember important steps in completing a successful stress-free pack & move. If you need assistance with your packing, please contact one of our friendly representatives to arrange for your Free Estimate.